Guar Gum Powder
Guar Gum Powder or guaran is a derivative of guar seeds (cyamopsis tetragonoloba). We are the manufacturer and exporter of high quality guar gum powder in India. They are high molecular weight carbohydrate extracted from a legume (a plant of pea family) crop. The seeds also have high low-shear viscosity and can be effectively used as thickeners and stabilizers.
This high on galactose and mannose polysaccharide is also known as guarkernmehl, guaran, goma guar, gomme guar and galactomannan in the market. It is an edible carbohydrate polymer that can be used in applications such as adsorption and hydrogen bonding with mineral and cellulosic surfaces. Our powder is mostly non-ionic, free flowing, low pale white colored and coarse to fine grounded powder.
Because of its thickening power, it is used as an active thickener and emulsifier in commercial food processing applications. It is also used in other commercial and industrial applications like paper manufacturing, textiles, printing, cosmetics and pharmaceutical processes.
Guar Split/Gum 28% (+/- 1% variance) extracts from the guar seed is available with us. However, the major extracts include Churi and Korma 67%. They are used as cattle feed.
Features of Guar Gum Powder
• Guar Gum is nearly odorless white to yellowish white powder.
• It is a high molecular weight hydrocolloidal polysaccharide.
• It is composed of galactan and mannan units chemically known as galactomannan.
• It is a cold water soluble polysaccharide with active mannose and galactose units.
• It can be easily dissolved in cold or hot water where it forms slime of high viscosity.
Properties of Guar Gum Powder
• It is stable across pH values ranging from 5-7.
• It consists of film forming properties.
• It has very good water binding capacity.
• It has superb thickening properties.
• It is resistant to oil, solvent and other greases.
• It functions quite well in low temperature.
• It is compatible with hydrocolloids used in food.
Application of Guar Gum Powder
• It is used to provide thicker texture to liquid or food dish.
• It helps in lowering blood glucose level in the body.
• It increases stability in the body and improve suspending action.
• It is used in various baking applications and hypoallergenic recipes.
Third Party Inspection
Pre-shipment Inspection Service is the 3rd Party Inspection available with us. SGS or equivalent at seller cost at port of loading.