We have been manufacturing and catering Sorbitol 70% to our prospective clients without fail in India. Also known as Glucitol, Sorbitol 70% (C6H14O6) has high humectancy and plasticizing properties. It is produced in our laboratories by Hydrogenation of Dextrose under pressure with State of Art reaction controls. It also acts as raw material in the production of Vitamin C.
Specifications and Chemical composition of Sorbitol 70%
|Description||Clear colorless to faintly yellow viscous liquid|
|Specific Gravity at 25oC||1.285 MIN|
|Refractive Index at 20oC||1.455 TO 1.465|
|Acidity or Alkalinity||NMT 0.2ml of 0.01M NaOH or NMT 0.3ml of 0.01M HCL Solution as per specified test in I.P.|
|Reducing Sugar||0.2 % Max|
|Optical Rotation||+1.5o TO +3.5o (as per specified test in I.P.)|
|Clarity and Color||10% solution should be clear and colourless|
|Solid Matter||68% TO 72%W/W|
|Polyols (Total Alcohols)||NLT 62%W/W (Calculated as D-GLUCITOL)|
|Heavy Metals||NMT 10ppm|
|Residue on Ignition||NMT 0.1% W/W|
Application of Sorbitol 70%
• It is used in the production of oral hygiene formulations. The humectants content retain water to keep the solid and liquid phases of toothpaste together and also prevent dental plaque bacteria.
• It is one of the important inclusions used in the production of cosmetics such as beauty creams, shampoos, shaving creams, lotions, soaps etc.
• It is used in the food industry in the production of toffees, biscuits, jams, jellies, chocolates, candies, fruit drinks, carbonated drinks, canned fruits etc.
• It is used in the pharmaceutical industry in the production of syrups, olixirs, sulpha-drugs, tonics, vitamins and amino acids-complex etc.
• It is used in the paint industry as a cost effective substitute of propylene glycol.
Third Party Inspection
Pre-shipment Inspection Service is the 3rd Party Inspection available with us. SGS or equivalent at seller cost at port of loading.